An automated on-site compostable waste processing system that processes compostable waste using an energy-efficient and automated control process. The system requires no enzyme, additives or fresh water during the entirety of the process. The system is equipped with water recycling technology that uses the condensate run off to control the humidity in the processing chamber during the process. The system also recycles the heat energy reducing overall energy consumption. The processing time will vary depending on the waste input but will be no longer than 8 -10 hours.
SE-501 is designed for the use in medium-scale restaurants, fast- food franchises, Canteens and food preparation facilities in schools and cafeterias. It can process 25 to 50 kgs input of food waste. The system does not require any special installation, hook-up, or ventilation. Simply connect to the electrical outlet and the system is ready to operate. The one-touch control is fully automatic, sensing the status and providing feedback and control of the operation without pre-setting timer.
An automated on-site compostable waste processing system that processes compostable waste using an energy-efficient and automated control process. The system requires no enzyme, additives or fresh water during the entirety of the process. The system is equipped with water recycling technology that uses the condensate run off to control the humidity in the processing chamber during the process. The system also recycles the heat energy reducing overall energy consumption. The processing time will vary depending on the waste input but will be no longer than 15 -19 hours.
SE-2501 is designed for the use in a large-scale food court, IT campus, fast- food franchises, convention centers, Hospital and institutional Canteens, Flight caterers, and food preparation facilities in schools and cafeterias. It can process 125 to 250 kgs input of food waste. The system does not require any special installation, hook-up, or ventilation. Simply connect to the electrical outlet and the system is ready to operate. The one-touch control is fully automatic, sensing the status and providing feedback and control of the operation without pre-setting timer.
16/2, Cochin Refinery Road
Near Chitrapuzha, Ambalamugal P O
Cochin - 682 302, Kerala, India
Ph:+91 484 2721986
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is SE Food Waste Convertor?
- A fully automatic machine which convert all kind of organic waste into soil supplement without any additives.
2. What is the volume and weight reduction can I expect from a SE Food Waste Convertor?
- You can expect a 90% reduction in volume. Weight reduction will be determined on
the type of waste. Typical volume reduction will be in the 70 to 90 % reduction range.
3. What type of material can go into the SE Food Waste Convertor?
- All organic and compostable materials can go into a SE Food Waste Convertor.
4. Should I expect some sort of odour?
The system is designed to absorb the odour during operation. However it may emit a very low order resembling the cooking smell at times which is very much bearable. It effectively manages odour through activated charcoal air filters and a super-heated exhaust.
5. Our workers may not sort the waste if they are in a busy schedule. Is it harmful?
- Materials like Spoons will not damage the machine if not in large numbers. But make sure that your are removing them after the cycle. It is always advised to avoid putting such materials into the machine.
6. How should I use my end product?
- You could spread it on the grounds of your premises, at your residence, or to a composting
facility as manure or send it to the landfill. Because the end product is 95% dry, it is very
stable and can be stored for months with no ill effects as long as it is kept in a dry environment.
Another option is to mix with natural soil so that it will get composted if few days time.
7. What If I use the output in my garden, will the seeds present in the input grow from it?
- Not at all. During the cycle, the waste is heated and serlized over 12 hours, killing all bacteria and seeds which were present in the input.
8. What should be added to the system for processing?
- Nothing need to be added to t the system for processing the food waste. If you are depositing high volume of Oily waste, it is recommended to add a portion of green leafs, Cardboard bits or tissue papers to absorb the oil content.
9. You have any limitations in filling the unit with food waste?
- You are advised to fill only up to the agitator level to attain maximum efficiency. Over loading will prolong the process time and can even damage the inbuilt sensors
10. How much water drainage can I expect from the machine?
- For medium wet waste you can expect around 25 to 30 Liters of water per 100 Kgs during a process of 12 hours duration.
11. Can I open the door and check if the output is ready for discharge?
- No. You are not suppose to open the door during the process. This will delay the process cycle to a longer period. The system is programmed to achieve optimum performance.
12. How do I know if my product is safe for soil application?
- Since you are using different types of food waste, It is recommended to carry out a soil analysis to determine what to be added to convert the output suitable for soil application or to be used as fertilizer. We can assist you in carrying out the analysis if needed.
13. What type of container is easier to use to collect the product from the SE Food Waste Convertor?
- You can use any containers or bins to collect the output from the machine. See that the container fits below the discharge chute.
14. What power requirements do I need?
- The units are 3 phase 415 volt. Refer our specification sheets.
15. Are the units mobile?
- All units have casters for easy mobility. The higher capacity units need to be stationary as they are to be hard wired.
16. Where should the drain hose go to?
- The drain line should run to any available floor drain. If there is no floor drain provide containers with enough capacity to store the water discharged during operation. Higher capacity machines may need pumping system to transfer the water to available drain. Please contact our technical department for more information
17. Can I add product to the Waste processer unit during a cycle?
- No. By adding additional waste to the unit during a cycle, the unit will not be able to generate a dry batch in the given run time. If you need to add more waste, you have to restart the cycle.
18. How often should I clean the screen in the unit?
- We would recommend filter screen cleaning before every cycle.
19. Do I get compost output when the cycle is finished?
- No, the unit dehydrates and grinds the food waste producing soil like granules which is an ideal soil supplement. The output can be considered as a neutral biomass since it has been sterilized for several hours. The output will complete the composting process when mixed with natural soil and rehydrated.
20. What all details displayed in the monitor? is there any monitoring needed?
- The display shows the time remaining for the cycle to complete. The parameters are preset from the factory, no additional input required from customer side. In case of any error the unit will shut down automatically.
21. My output seems to be wet. What should I do?
- If the output shows wetness you have to run the cycle for few more hours. This happens due to high water content in the waste deposited. This may be due to opening the top door during operation. Opening of the door during cycle will affect the programmed sequence and may not deliver the desired dry output This may delay the original process and result in an unfinished output.
22. Can I couple a Shredder System with a SE Waste Convertor?
- Yes, you can use a good waste shredder before depositing to waste convertor which will crush the waste and give a volume reduction near to 50%. We recommend this if the quantity of input is higher than the machine capacity.
23. How often should the tank be cleaned?
- There is no cleaning needed for the tank. Periodic buildup on the auger may be removed for better performance.
24. Can I discharge the output as soon as the display shows “Process Complete”?
- No, You have to wait till the cooling cycle also completes. If the cooling cycle is not performed the chamber will have high steam presence which may result in burns to the operator.
25. Is the end product safe to handle?
- Yes. The output is well sterilized killing harmful pathogens, bacteria, seeds etc.
26. Do we need experts to operate the machine?
- No experts required to operate the machine. Fill your unit to the specified fill height, close all your doors, power the unit, and then, press start on the touch screen. Just follow the instructions appearing on the screen thereafter.
27. What is the difference between the SE Food Waste Convertor and other similar units on the market?
- The SE Food Waste Convertor does not require ANY additional products such as wood chips, chemicals, or charcoal to be added to the waste. It also consumes NO fresh water and does not discharge any “dirty water” to sanitary. As mentioned above, the only discharge from the unit is the “Sterile Biomass” and a few gallons of condensate runoff from the condenser unit.